While cumin helps stimulate metabolism, focuses on eliminating fat and is ideal for removing volume from the abdominal area, cinnamon improves digestion, reduces appetite and decreases the anxiety of eating food.
Spices are aromatic substances of vegetable origin, which can have their origin in flowers, seeds, nuts or dried stems. They may have a strong or spicy taste, function as digestion regulators and are an ideal substitute for reducing salt intake.
Classification of spices
Spices are classified into 3 groups and can be identified as:
Saline: they are commonly used in many recipes, the most used is salt but among this group is also oregano, tarragon, basil and saffron.
Acids: these are noted for being efficient substances in quenching thirst, are used more frequently in cooking lemon and vinegar.
Aromatic: They are those that contribute a strong smell to the diverse foods, between these one emphasizes the garlic, the rosemary, the parsley, laurel, cinnamon, among others.
Importance of spices
Spices are important in food preparation because they help detoxify the body through urine and blood, becoming natural products that control sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
Some of them like cinnamon, turmeric and cloves work as preservatives of already prepared foods; others, such as thyme, rosemary and basil serve to aromatize foods and avoid bad smells due to their decomposition due to climate effects, these spices also work as air fresheners for the home.
Apart from all the properties that these spices can have, we also have its benefits in the treatment of various diseases, as they are used as natural medicine to relieve various ailments, for cholesterol is common to use celery and garlic, for the treatment of hypertension, garlic or lavender, to relieve or control asthma is recommended to use sage or anise.
In addition, since ancient times spices have been recognized for their goodness as slimming products, became a natural way to burn calories and accelerate metabolism.
Most used spices
Garlic is a spice that accelerates the expenditure of calories by the body. It increases the production of hormones, which demands more calories from the body. It also reduces fluid retention, purifies the body and regulates appetite.
Mustard is one of the most used spices at the time of losing weight, because your body can lose up to 50 calories during consumption of this, as it accelerates metabolism and is free of fat.
Pepper, this spice has the goodness of accelerating the metabolism by 8%, apart from this, has properties as a stimulator of gastric secretions and helps relieve constipation and gas. The most efficient pepper is cayenne pepper, which accelerates calorie expenditure by up to 25% and removes toxins from the blood.
Other spices recommended for weight loss
- Cumin helps stimulate metabolism and has a special kindness, focuses on decreasing fat and abdominal volume, one of the most complicated body areas at the time of lowering measures.
- The ginger becomes a perfect ally at the time of losing those extra pounds, also collaborates in the task of reducing cellulite.
- Turmeric is a component that should not be missing in the preparation of food if you want to lose weight, as it has curcumin a substance that slows the accumulation of fat.
- The saffron and the cardamom contribute in the activation of the metabolism and the process of the digestion.
- Cinnamon is one of the most recognized spices for its slimming benefits, as it has the necessary components to accelerate metabolism, improve digestion, reduce appetite and even reduce the anxiety of eating food.
As we can see, there are many benefits that can bring to our lives and health the habitual consumption of various spices, since its natural composition offers various benefits for the preservation of health and improvement of metabolism and digestive system, a simple way to help our body and its conservation and healthy functioning.